Entry-Level Transportation Planner
Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Modern Mobility Partners, a female and minority-owned transportation planning and traffic engineering firm founded in January 2018, is looking for an Entry-Level Transportation Planner with interest in transportation planning across all modes, GIS, and smart mobility planning, such as new and emerging technologies.
This position will assist our award-winning growing firm in the preparation of transportation planning studies, reports, and analyses. Specifically, the individual will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team to complete a variety of projects, such as:
• Smart mobility planning reflecting new and emerging technologies and trends
• Long range transportation plans, regional transportation plans, comprehensive transportation plans, multimodal plans, etc.
• Statewide transportation plans across all modes and for individual modes, such as transit and freight
• Transit planning for urban and rural transit systems, as well as fixed route and on-demand service
• Corridor studies
• Infrastructure funding strategies and revenue forecasting
• Federal grant applications, such as for INFRA and RAISE
• Research projects, such as for the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP)
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Assist with research and studies on emerging technologies and autonomous vehicles readiness planning, including online literature scans
• Collect, compile, review, and organize data for planning studies
• Data analysis, including revenue forecasts, return on investment, calculating project performance metrics, etc.
• Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping and analysis
• Writing and editing reports
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations
• Communicate with Project Managers on status of task deliverables
• Bachelor’s degree in City Planning, Economics, Engineering, or related field
• 0-2 years of professional transportation planning experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master’s degree in City Planning, Public Administration, Engineering, or related field
• Proficiency in ArcGIS
**Relocation assistance is not available for this position**
Why Choose Modern Mobility Partners?
Learn transportation planning methods and practices from some of the most reputable transportation planners and project managers in the industry. Be part of an exciting new firm with great energy and a desire to push the envelope, think outside the box, and provide value to our clients and teaming partners.
This position offers a lot of hands-on experience and provides great opportunities to work on a variety of projects across different transportation arenas.
In 2020, Modern Mobility Partners was awarded Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places to Work.
Modern Mobility Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com