Project Manager/Senior Modeler
Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Modern Mobility Partners, a full-service transportation planning firm founded in January 2018, is looking for a Project Manager/Senior Modeler to continually grow our modeling and technical service practice.
This position will assist our growing firm in expanding a portfolio of clients based on technical expertise and delivering data-driven solutions to clients that meet scope, schedule and budget expectations.
The candidate needs to possess strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to communicate complex technical problems clearly and concisely that technical and non-technical people will understand. The candidate will have the opportunity to lead a variety of projects and be supported by a dynamic team. The individual tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Serve as Project Manager on technical transportation planning projects and be responsible for the development and monitoring of the scope, schedule, budget, and invoicing
- Assist / lead on proposal pursuits
- Apply transportation methods, planning principles, traffic evaluations and analysis as the macro and meso level to support the planning, design and implementation of transportation projects
- Develop, validate/calibrate, and apply highway and transit travel demand forecasting models for transportation studies
- Perform traffic and revenue forecasting and analysis for managed lanes and/or toll roads
- Conduct project-level alternatives analysis
- Provide technical guidance, QA/QC, and leadership to junior staff and participate in business and professional development activities
- Collaborate with co-founders to determine growth plans and expansion opportunities
- 8+ years of experience
- BS Degree in Transportation Planning or related field
- Extensive experience using traffic forecasting software (e.g. Cube, TransCAD, VISUM)
- Ability to manage people and manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to present and write in clear and concise manner and be able to communicate complex technical information in an understandable way
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certificate
- Past / current experience as Project Manager or Assistant Project Manager on GDOT projects (planning studies and traffic engineering studies) / MPO / County planning projects
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in Georgia or Professional Transportation Planner (PTP) Certificate
- MS Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
Why Choose Modern Mobility Partners?
Be part of an exciting new firm with great energy and a desire to push the envelope, think outside the box, and provide value to our clients and teaming partners. This position offers great opportunities for gaining the satisfaction and fulfillment from helping grow something from the beginning.
In addition, below are just some of the many benefits of joining Modern Mobility Partners:
- Potential to work on cutting edge projects leading the transportation industry
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Increased exposure to clients and teaming partners
Modern Mobility Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.