Transportation Modeler/Data Analyst
Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Modern Mobility Partners, a full-service transportation planning firm founded in January 2018, is looking for a Transportation Modeler/Data Analyst with interest in transportation and transit planning, travel demand modeling, data analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping, and emerging technologies, including connected and autonomous vehicles.
This position will assist our growing technical service team in travel demand modeling, traffic and revenue analysis, visual analytics, big data dashboards, project prioritization and performance measures. The candidate will have the opportunity to have the opportunity to work in the field of emerging technologies and autonomous vehicles readiness planning, transportation and transit planning, and funding/grant strategies.
The individual will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team to complete a variety of projects. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Travel demand modeling, including microscopic and mesoscopic modeling development, validation, and application
- Develop data clearinghouses, including collection, compilation, reviewing, and organizing data for planning studies
- Develop dashboard using visual analytic tools to discover and present insights within data sets
- Data analysis, including benefit cost analysis, return on investment, post-processing of travel demand outputs, calculating project performance metrics, etc.
- Traffic and revenue forecasting and analysis for managed lanes and/or toll roads
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping, analysis, and tool development
- Write and edit reports
- Assist with preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Master’s degree in urban planning or transportation engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in ArcGIS
- Travel demand modeling experience, including Cube, TransCAD, and/or VISUM
- 1-3 years of transportation planning experience
- Data analytics experience with Tableau or PowerBI
- Programming experience, including Python, Java and/or R
**Relocation assistance is not available for this position**
Why Choose Modern Mobility Partners?
Learn transportation planning methods and practices from some of the most reputable transportation planners and project managers in the industry. Be part of an exciting new firm with great energy and a desire to push the envelope, think outside the box, and provide value to our clients and teaming partners.
This position offers a lot of hands-on experience and provides great opportunities to work on a variety of projects across different transportation arenas.
Modern Mobility Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.