Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Modern Mobility Partners, a full-service transportation planning firm founded in January 2018, is looking for a Transportation Planner with interest in transportation and transit planning, travel demand modeling, data analysis, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping, and emerging technologies, including connected and autonomous vehicles.
This position will assist our growing transportation planning practice in the preparation of transportation and transit planning studies, reports, and analyses. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in the field of emerging technologies and autonomous vehicles readiness planning, long range transportation plans, corridor studies, comprehensive plans, land use analysis, community engagement, planning trends analysis, project prioritization and performance measures, funding/grant strategies and applications.
The individual will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team and to perform planning and technical tasks for a variety of projects. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Assist with research and studies on emerging technologies and autonomous vehicles readiness planning, including online literature scans
- Assist with research and studies on transportation topics such as resilience, freight and logistics planning, performance-based planning and programming, integrated corridor management
- Assist with funding/grant strategies and applications
- Collect, complete, review, and organize data for planning studies
- Data analysis, including revenue forecasts, return on investment, calculating project performance metrics, etc.
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping and analysis
- Write and edit reports and similar planning documents
- Assist with preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with public and stakeholder outreach
- Master’s degree in urban planning or transportation engineering
- Technical knowledge of transportation planning principles and practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in ArcGIS
- Strong research, communication and writing skills
- 1-3 years of professional transportation planning experience
- Strong time management and organizational skills
**Relocation assistance is not available for this position**
Why Choose Modern Mobility Partners?
Learn transportation planning methods and practices from some of the most reputable transportation planners and project managers in the industry. Be part of an exciting new firm with great energy and a desire to push the envelope, think outside the box, and provide value to our clients and teaming partners.
This position offers a lot of hands-on experience and provides great opportunities to work on a variety of projects across different transportation arenas.
Modern Mobility Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.