Transportation Planning Project Manager
Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Modern Mobility Partners, a female and minority-owned transportation planning and traffic engineering firm founded in January 2018, is looking for a Transportation Planning Project Manager with interest in transportation planning and smart mobility planning across all modes (auto, freight, transit, bike, pedestrian).
This position will assist our award-winning growing firm in leading transportation planning studies, reports, and analyses. Specifically, the individual will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team to complete a variety of projects, such as:
• Smart mobility planning reflecting new and emerging technologies and trends
• Long range transportation plans, regional transportation plans, comprehensive transportation plans, multimodal plans, etc.
• Statewide transportation plans across all modes and for individual modes, such as transit and freight
• Transit planning for urban and rural transit systems, as well as fixed route and on-demand service
• Corridor studies
• Infrastructure funding strategies and revenue forecasting
• Federal grant applications, such as for INFRA and RAISE
• Research projects, such as for the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP)
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
• Manage tasks and/or projects, including developing and monitoring scopes, schedules, and budgets
• Coordinating with and training junior and mid-level staff on assignments
• Communicate with clients
• Conduct QA/QC
• Write and edit reports
• Prepare and present PowerPoint presentations
• Participate in business development activities, including identifying potential contract opportunities, meeting with clients and teaming partners, proposal writing, interviews, etc.
• Develop relationships with clients and teaming partners
• Bachelor’s degree in City Planning, Economics, Engineering, or related field
• 8+ years of professional transportation planning experience
• AICP or PTP certification or ability to attain in 6 months
• Project management experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think independently, including identifying challenges, opportunities, and solutions
• Master’s degree in City Planning, Public Administration, Engineering or related field
• Adobe Suite
**Relocation assistance is not available for this position**
Why Choose Modern Mobility Partners?
Learn transportation planning methods and practices from some of the most reputable transportation planners and project managers in the industry. Be part of an exciting new firm with great energy and a desire to push the envelope, think outside the box, and provide value to our clients and teaming partners.
This position offers a lot of hands-on experience and provides great opportunities to work on a variety of projects across different transportation arenas.
In 2020, Modern Mobility Partners was awarded Atlanta Business Chronicle’s Best Places to Work.
Modern Mobility Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org