GDOT Division of Planning / Gwinnett County, Comprehensive Corridor Study along I-85 from I-285 to I-985 Services, December 2018 – September 2023.
This high-profile comprehensive corridor study along I-85 from I-285 north to I-985 in the Atlanta region will include the evaluation and recommendation of a comprehensive list of short- and long-term strategies to alleviate congestion.
The team will develop and refine the goals and objectives of the corridor based on stakeholder and public feedback; identify and assess preliminary strategies and alternatives based on these goals and objectives; conduct analyses of these alternatives in accordance with the data needs and evaluation methodology established by the team; document a screening report that will inform decision making; all the while leading Planning and Environmental Linkages (PEL) coordination and activities throughout each task.
As part of a team, Modern Mobility Partners is or will:
- Lead all travel demand modelling and traffic and revenue analyses, including the development of a traffic and revenue forecasting module to post-process that Atlanta Regional Commission’s activity-based model to support the analysis of multiple managed lane scenarios;
- Lead new and emerging technologies and participating in the internal innovation team workshops to identify the greatest corridor impacts based on the data and analysis gathered and develop projects for evaluation;
- Lead the development of multiple white papers, including those related to Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and new and emerging technologies, as well as freight management;
- Support the FHWA Planning and Environmental Linkage (PEL) process established by the team to streamline implementation of the program of projects to be recommended as a result of the study;
- Support the development of data needs and technical evaluation methodology;
- Support the existing and future conditions and needs assessment;
- Support traffic engineering;
- Assist with the development of a scenario planning framework (what-if scenarios) to understand the impacts to the corridor due to the adoption of new technologies, changes in development patterns, and/or investments in transit;
- Identify strategies and screening, particularly those that relate to managed lanes and active traffic management or corridor management strategies;
- Conduct high-level benefit-cost analyses for different projects or a program of projects;
- Develop funding strategy, including identification of different grant opportunities or portions of or all of the program of projects recommended along the corridor; and
- Assist with the development of a project phasing and implementation plan.